Electrify Aotearoa – Women Founders Conference
SHOWCASING AOTEAROA’S ELECTRIFYING WOMEN FOUNDERS
Hear stories of grit and Kiwi ingenuity from those who have gone before you and learn from exclusive masterclasses with top investors to level up your startup experience.
From aspiring founders to experienced operators, we invite Aotearoa’s startup community – women, men, and non-binary – to join us for one day and celebrate our homegrown diversity at Electrify Aotearoa.
We’d love to see you there!
- Welcome to Electrify Aotearoa – Marian Johnson, CEO @Ministry of Awesome and Samantha Wong, Partner @Blackbird Ventures
High growth startups and innovators are responsible for our future high value economy but women entrepreneurs represent only 20% of our current startup founders. Why does this need to change?
- Why Aotearoa needs women entrepreneurs – Minister Megan Woods, Minister for Research, Science, and Innovation
Aotearoa’s future is focused on developing a knowledge economy based on high value jobs that can provide a sustainable and equitable future for all New Zealanders. Find out how women entrepreneurs are a critical factor for ensuring this powerful vision of our future.
- Empowering a Generation – Brooke Roberts, Co-founder @Sharesies
Learn about Brooke’s journey in launching Sharesies and why building a purpose beyond profits help founder run through walls.
- Utilising a Kaupapa Māori approach for Systematic Change – Kaye Maree Dunn, Co-Founder @Making Everything Achievable and Āhau
Follow Kaye Maree’s journey and the story of Making Everything Achievable and Āhau. Find out how she incorporates kaupapa Māori and holistic principles to explore how we can create and enable systemic change
- Aotearoa’s Advantage in Deep Tech – Panel including Emily Blythe, Georgia Lee, Imche Fourie, and Maria Jose (MJ) Alvarez
Learn how Aotearoa can get ahead in deep tech with a panel featuring Emily Blythe, founder and CEO of the aerospace startup Pyper Vision; Georgia Lee, founder and co-CEO of medtech startup, Viewpoint Medical; and Imche Fourie, CEO of Outset Ventures, a deep tech VC firm; and Maria Jose (MJ) Alvarez, Investment Manager at NZ Growth Capital Partners.
- Masterclass 1 – Introduction to the Startmate community of founders helping founders – Startmate
Learn about the Startmate accelerator and fellowship programme and find out how you can ramp up your ambition and get a taste of what world class looks like at Startmate.
- Masterclass 2 – What to expect in the first year – Molly Yang and Maria Jose (MJ) Alvarez, Investment Managers @NZ Growth Capital Partners
From raising capital to building a team, the NZGCP team will take you through everything you can expect in that first year and beyond.
- The role of women in business – Theresa Gattung, Co-founder @My Food Bag, Chair @Global Women, and SheEO lead for New Zealand
How we’re going to improve the gender disparity in business, leadership and governance, and make New Zealand the best place in the world for women to do business.
- Fireside Chat with Amber Marie Naveira, founder @The Granary – hosted by Rob Vickery from Hillfarrance Venture Capital
Find out how Amber Marie has leveraged her experience working within the film industry, into a brand new Creative-Tech startup that disrupts the way that content is created
- Want better performance? Focus on culture – Lauren Peate, CEO & Founder @ Multitudes
If you want your team to perform better, focus on team culture. This talk will share why culture matters and tips for how you can build a world-class culture.
- Masterclass 3 – Build startup vision, strategy and investment pitch – Hillfarrance Ventures Capital
Come and join Hillfarrance Managing Partner, Rob Vickery, for a journey to building a startup vision, strategy and pitch that sets you on a trajectory for going beyond the three B’s and instead building New Zealand’s next unicorn.
- Masterclass 4 – Raising capital for growth – NZTE and ArcAngels
This is a combined effort supported by ArcAngels – the specialist VC team who invest solely in women entrepreneurs – and New Zealand Trade and Enterprise who will guide you through the capital raising journey from a women founder perspective.
- Building a $20m company from the kitchen table – Kathryn Topp, Founder @Yabble
From backing yourself to not overthinking it, hear Kathryn’s best lessons in starting and growing a multi-million dollar startup from the kitchen table.
- You Are The One You’ve Been Waiting For – Kaila Colbin, Founder and CEO @Boma New Zealand
Learn the definition of an entrepreneur and be inspired to step into the power and responsibility of being one.
Co-Founder @My Food Bag, previously CEO of Telecom (Keynote Speaker)
Amber Marie Naveira
Co-founder and Co-CEO @The Granary
Co-founder, Director and 3EO (Co-CEO) @Sharesies
CEO and Founder @Pyper Vision
Chief Executive Officer @Outset Ventures
Co-founder, Boma Global | Founder and CEO @ Boma New Zealand
Co-Founder and CEO @Yabble
Head of Innovation @Making Everything Achievable
CEO and Founder @Multitudes
Maria Jose Alvarez
Investment Manager @New Zealand Growth Capital Partners (NZGCP)
Executive Chair @Angel Association NZ